Peanuts are some of the most widely eaten nuts in the US. Of the total nuts consumed, peanuts are close to 67% of them all. And why not â€“ they are one of the healthiest types of foods or snacks you could eat. We consume them raw, salted, unsalted, roasted, and as part of what can be called the national snack peanut butter jelly sandwich. Consuming peanuts regularly can help keep your energy levels high and it also has many health benefits. Redskin peanuts are the peanuts that have been shelled, i.e. their outer skin has been removed, and the thin red skin is what remains on the nut. Â Redskin peanuts are the ones that we usually consume roasted, and in other manners, because the outer skin does not have any particular use anyway. We will now discus the benefits of redskin peanuts, and where and how to purchase them.
Health Benefits of Redskin Peanuts
Peanuts are actually legumes, and not nuts. Like other legumes, they grow beneath the ground, where they are attached to the stem of the plant. They grow and mature underground. The peanut plant is actually a native of Brazil, from where it has spread to other parts of the world. Its popularity is driven by the nutrients that it contains, as well as its taste. The following are some of the health benefits the redskin peanuts, which are peanuts we get after shelling.
- Source of monosaturated fats â€“ Peanuts are rich in monosaturated fats, which is the healthier kind of fat. Monosaturated fats are known to decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease, and decrease the level of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Source of anti-oxidants â€“ Research has shown that peanuts contain a compound called p-coumaric acid, and the process of roasting increases the concentration of this compound in the redskin peanuts. This increases the amount of p-coumaric acid by as much as 22%.
- Good source of Calcium â€“ Peanuts contain significant amount of Calcium and Vitamin-D. Both these promote better health, and make teeth healthier. With appropriate consumption of Calcium and Vitamin-D, you can avoid osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Redskin Peanuts Help with diabetes â€“ With their low glycemic rating, peanuts can be very helpful to you if you have type 2 diabetes or are resistant to insulin. The low glycemic rating helps peanuts regulate the rate at which your insulin and sugar levels rise.
- Nutrients Rich â€“ Redskin peanuts are rich in a number of essential nutrients such as vitamin E, folate, niacin, protein and manganese. It also contains resveratrol, which is a phenolic antioxidant found in red wine and red grapes too. Apart from nutrients, redskin peanuts are also a good source of fiber, which helps with better gastrointestinal health. Regular consumption of redskin peanuts a few times a week can reduce the chances of formation of gallstones, as well as reduce the risk of getting colon cancer.
Buying Redskin Peanuts
Redskin peanuts are easily available online in specialty stores as well as on sites such as E-bay and Amazon. For a healthier snack and healthier lifestyle, order some redskin peanuts today.